Mental Health Resources
For free and confidential support 24/7, please contact the following:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 800-273-TALK (8255), or visit www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Call 800-799-SAFE (7233), text LOVEIS to 22522, or visit www.thehotline.org.
Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor, or visit www.crisistextline.org.
Call 877-565-8860, or visit www.translifeline.org.
TrevorLifeline for LGBTQ Youth
Call 866-488-7386, text START to 678-678, or visit www.thetrevorproject.org.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
If you need a therapist, the following organization can help you find a therapist trained in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT):
Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) www.abct.org
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
If you need a therapist, the following organization can help you find a therapist trained in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS) www.contextualscience.org
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
If you need a therapist, the following organization can help you find a therapist trained in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Behavioral Tech www.behavioraltech.org
For additional support for patients, family, and friends, please contact the following:
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) www.adaa.org
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) www.nami.org
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) www.dbsalliance.org
- Bipolar Happens www.bipolarhappens.com
- National Center for PTSD www.ptsd.va.gov
- BPD Central www.bpdcentral.org
- Treatment and Research Advancements Association for Personality Disorder (TARA) www.tara4bpd.org
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) www.iocdf.org
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) www.chadd.org