The Untethered Soul
The New York Times bestseller everyone is talking about -
Now available in hardcover gift edition!
What would it be like to free yourself from limitations and soar beyond your boundaries? What can you do each day to discover inner peace and serenity? The Untethered Soul-now a New York Times bestseller-offers simple yet profound answers to these questions. Whether this is your first exploration of inner space, or you've devoted your life to the inward journey, this book will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you. You'll discover what you can do to put an end to the habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness.
By tapping into traditions of meditation and mindfulness, author and spiritual teacher Michael A. Singer shows how the development of consciousness can enable us all to dwell in the present moment and let go of painful thoughts and memories that keep us from achieving happiness and self-realization. Copublished with the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)The Untethered Soul begins by walking you through your relationship with your thoughts and emotions, helping you uncover the source and fluctuations of your inner energy. It then delves into what you can do to free yourself from the habitual thoughts, emotions, and energy patterns that limit your consciousness. Finally, with perfect clarity, this book opens the door to a life lived in the freedom of your innermost being.
Visit www.untetheredsoul.com for more information.
- “In the book The Untethered Soul, Michael A. Singer takes you step-by-step through the process of Gyana, the yoga of the Intellect, to the Source. Moreover, he does it with elegant simplicity. Read this book carefully, and you will get more than a glimpse of eternity.”
-Deepak Chopra, author of Life After Death: The Burden of Proof
- “In lucid, unadorned prose, Michael A. Singer delivers the essence of the great spiritual teachings of the Ages. Each chapter of The Untethered Soul is an instructive meditation on the binds of the human condition and how each and every knot can be gracefully untied so that our souls may fly. The accuracy and simplicity of this work is a measure of its pure mastery.”
-James O'Dea, past president of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)
- “The Untethered Soul is indeed one of the finest treatments of the nature and practice of the conscious use of consciousness that I have ever read.. It is the clearest statement I know of who we are and what we face in our emerging humanity.”
-Jean Houston, philosopher, psychologist, and author of A Mythic Life and Passion for the Possible
- “Deep spirituality is within your reach in this book. In it you will find the mirror to see your unconditional, holy self. If you look for practical spirituality not encumbered by credo and ritual, read this book.”
-Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, coauthor of Jewish with Feeling and From Age-ing to Sage-ing
- “Michael A. Singer has opened my mind to an entirely new dimension of thought. Through The Untethered Soul, I have been challenged both psychologically and intellectually in a new and exciting way. It may take more than one reading and many hours of introspection, but The Untethered Soul is a must-read for anyone in search of greater understanding of themselves and of the truth.”
-Louis Chiavacci, senior vice-president of Merrill Lynch, ranked in Barron's top fifteen US Investment Advisors
- “Psalm 42:8 says, `Deep calls unto deep.' Within each human soul there is a longing for more, and the thirst can be quenched only by God. In The Untethered Soul, Michael A. Singer helps the modern person who is seeking this experience to come to a better understanding of the action in their soul. I highly recommend this reflection of one soul to another on the journey.”
-Fr. Paul Wierichs, CP, director of the Passionist Monastery and Spiritual Center of Our Lady of Florida
- “The Untethered Soul is a brilliant treatment of the path of spiritual consciousness. It is clearly and powerfully written. Michael A. Singer provides a firm step for those on a spiritual journey.”
-Abdul Aziz Said, professor of peace studies and chair of Islamic Peace at American University
- “This publication has released boundless joy for the hungry souls of the world.”
-Ma Yoga Shakti Saraswati, founder of Yogashakti International Mission and recipient of Hinduism Today's Hindu of the Year 2000 award
- “East is East and West is West, but Michael A. Singer bridges these two great traditions in a radiant treatise on how to succeed in life from our spiritual quest to our everyday tribulations. Freud said that life was composed of love and work. With great eloquence, wit, and compelling logic, Singer's brilliant book completes this thought by showing them to be two poles of the same selfless devotion.”
-Ray Kurzweil, National Medal of Technology recipient and author of The Singularity Is Near
“This is a seminal book that quite frankly is in a class by itself. In a simple, yet paradoxically profound way, Michael A. Singer takes the reader on a journey that begins with consciousness tethered to the ego and ends having taken us beyond our myopic, contained self-image to a state of inner freedom and liberation. Michael A. Singer's book is a priceless gift to all who have futilely searched and yearned for a richer, more meaningful, creative life.”
-Yogi Amrit Desai, internationally recognized pioneer of modern yoga
"In lucid, unadorned prose, Michael Singer delivers the essence of the great spiritual teachings of the Ages. Each chapter of The Untethered Soul is an instructive meditation on the binds of the human condition and how each and every knot can be gracefully untied so that our souls may fly. The accuracy and simplicity of this work is a measure of its pure mastery."
—James O’Dea, President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)