New Harbinger is committed to observing your right to privacy and the security of your personal information.
By entering and using newharbinger.com, you are consenting to and agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, please exit the site.
We may collect information including name, address, telephone number, email address and/or credit card information when you:
- Place an order from our catalog on the phone, via fax, or on our website
- Request a catalog
- Create an account at newharbinger.com
- Subscribe to our email newsletters, book alerts or other email notifications
- Are referred to us by related web sites, conferences, or New Harbinger authors
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
- Sign up for book alerts
We use our best efforts to maintain your data in a secure database. We gather information about how visitors navigate through our Web site by using data gathered with "cookies" and/or other online tools.
A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your Web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our Web site. For example, cookies are used to:
- Store items in your Shopping Bag
- Recognize you when you return to newharbinger.com
- Study how our customers navigate through our Web site and which products they request in site searches
Using Information We Collect
New Harbinger Publications aims to provide you with the best possible shopping experience. To fulfill your orders, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process and track your order
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you an email newsletter or other email
- Identify your topic preferences
- Enhance our publication decisions
Information and Your Privacy Rights
We do not share our database of user email addresses. We do rent our list of physical mailing addresses from time to time to companies with products and service similar to those of New Harbinger Publications, Inc. If you would prefer us to not rent your address, you may opt out of this program by filling out our Unsubscribe Form or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-748-6273.
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you state at the time of your order that you prefer not to receive emails from us about topics that may relate to former purchases, we will not do so.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order, respond to a request, provide customer service, or promote products or services.
We wish to send promotional emails only to those persons who wish to receive them. If you receive emails that you do not wish to continue receiving, there will always be an unsubscribe option.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
To update your customer information (name, address, telephone number and email address), please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide your information to outside companies except as provided above.
When you make a purchase, request a catalog or create an account on our Web site, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
All orders placed at the New Harbinger website are executed via our secure credit card processing. The Entrust Secured Site-Seal on newharbinger.com enables Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to secure communications between Web browsers and the Web site.
Questions or Comments?
Please contact our web manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.